Monday, November 23, 2009

Method 12

We are life-long learners, no matter where we are or what our profession. The Web 2.0 online course reminds us that technology is always changing and that as librarians, we need to keep up with the changes. I like that the course is called a self- discovery because it truly is. As I completed the Web. 2.0 journey, I found some technologies that I couldn't wait to try and some that I decided would not be useful for elementary students.

Some of the technologies would be useful, but our own access to them through our school server makes them impossible to use. That is often frustrating. We learned delicious for saving our favorites so we would have online access, but we can't access delicious at school. Our option is to use bookmarking feature offered by Google.

My favorite discovery was tagging and social bookmarking. I have so many favorite sites saved and am looking forward to getting them organized, tagged and accessible wherever I am. I also will start using google documents so I can save and access my documents.

Thanks Texas State Library and Central Texas Library System!

No comments:

Post a Comment